Have FUN while FUNdraising for SHARE! We have lots of suggestions and also welcome your ideas!
• Host a 5K charity race
• Do a walk-a-thon
•Hold a dance or dance-a-thon!
• Hold a garage sale or auction.
• Host a table at your school's activity fair, bringing attention to SHARE.
• Organize a cell phone collection at your workplace or school.
• Hold a bake sale with cookies, brownies, cupcakes, etc!
• Host a "Happy Hour to Empower" (girls' night out or cocktail party) and ask friends to make donations to SHARE.
• Put on a car wash
Olivia held a candy jar fundraiser and asked her family and friends to donate for a guess.
• During the holidays, place a SHARE mailbox on your desk at work asking co-workers to drop in a dollar or two
• Provide a service for a neighbor or friend and ask for a donation in place of money.
• Instead of gifts, ask for donations to SHARE in honor of your birthday, wedding or special event.
• Ask those close to you to donate saved change. It may not be much, but it adds up!
• Girls Night In. Invite your girlfriends for a fun night in instead of going out. Put your cocktail money in a pot and send it to SHARE in Africa. So simple and fun!
• Movie Viewing. Get friends together to watch a documentary on the education in Africa, such as the film, "A Small Act'.
• Morning Tea. Have the neighbours round for morning tea instead of meeting at a cafe – everyone bake a cake and put your coffee money in a pot for SHARE!
• Book Club. Read a book, such as Half the Sky, at your next book club and introduce SHARE to your members. At the next meeting, your book club can gather donations to support a SHARE scholar for one year.
Need more suggestions? Feel free to contact us!